Default Tester

Help people get better with video games. Donate to Childs Play for karma achievements.

Great question. If I only had one video I could play it would be this.

Sunday, January 6, 2019

Issue : Games : Paradigm


Log Jammers is a game about jammin' on logs. Don't overthink it.

Soulja Boy Tell'em. For fuck sake man why did you do this?

I don't want to have to talk about how Soulja Boy lent his name to rip off video game consoles and then doubled down by telling Nintendo, one of the single most litigious and brand protective companies in the world to eat a dick up until the hiccup, only to have that company blow his mind by doing exactly what every single human being in the world except him knew they were going to do, which is, to eat his dick up, till they hiccupped.

I should take the advice I laid out in the second sentence and not overthink it. Some dummy tried to reach for a quick buck and got his hand slapped. Big deal.

Problem is that the video game biz is super racist, another mind-blowing revelation, I wish it was about a dumb guy out for a quick buck, but to those folks, it's going to be seen as black predator molests innocence or some shit. So now every business-minded black entrepreneur in the gaming industry has to address the Soulja Boy scenario just like ever black music promoter has to vocally disavow JA Rule to swerve Fire Island questions.

It's not like every baseball player who wants to make a video game needs to explain why they are not Curt Schilling. Oh, shit, I just realized Curt's name is a pun for what he did, that's fire I'm gonna write that one down. Not Ja Rule Fire, it's like fire... oh shit I'm doing it right now.

What was I talking about? Oh yeah, how Activision-Blizzards CFO's are jumping ship fast as they can. I don't blame them, a blood sacrifice was required and the writing was on the wall. One for Netflix, one for Square (Not that Square, the lame one), and nine for the realms of man.

It's almost as if the mainstream business industry that got on board in 2008 is realizing that the video game industry is a toxic shit show run like Lord of the Flies and practical business methods bounce off it like good advice posted on a Reddit thread and are running away full stride from a Tinder date that seemed super chill till they started full throat yelling at the waiter at Denny's cause their Rooty Tooty Fresh and Fruity was "Comin' too slow." Whoda thunk?

Wait, I was talking about Soulja Boy, wasn't I. I don't know man... That is just kinda funny now that I think about it. It's not that serious. Anyway shouts to Information, Rest in Peace TB, Rest in Peace TC, Rest in Peace Tall-T. Love is wise hatred ain't worth the time. If you wanna make a game lets do great things, also Jobs.

The Protoculture Mixtape: Issue : People: Pattern

Blog Archive