Default Tester

Help people get better with video games. Donate to Childs Play for karma achievements.

Great question. If I only had one video I could play it would be this.

Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Issue : Games : Malinger



Aground is a game about digging in.

Paris is burning, has been for a bunch of weeks now. Is what it is, everywhere is burning, so I hear.
Other interesting situations in Paris, let me tell you. Well, I only know about the burning thing and this actually, I oversold.

Ok, so there is this video game company called Eugen Systems. They make the most middle of the road wargames a company can make like Steel Division and not many others. The staff of Eugen systems went on strike because their pay was looking funny. A few days ago the people that went on strike got fired. It happens.

The thing about the layoff though is that Eugen Systems says they fired the people because of "inappropriate tool use." That's weird, I wonder if this is the first time a company has used superfluous reasoning to fire agitators in the organization.

I wonder if this act will discourage employees in the company from speaking up. I wonder if the act of firing them is a tool to control the situation. The story has about four spins in gaming media outlets. Literally, no one cares about this issue except the people being hurt by it. Outrage over shitty industry practices get clicks, workers dying cold and hollow deaths in the middle of the night is just sad. Where is the spice?

STJV cares, bless their hearts. On the subject, I am kinda like a preacher that has lost faith in God but is hanging on to faith in time. It can't be like this in gaming forever but it's not gonna change in my lifetime, I get that. And the people fighting for change right now will all lose, and I get that, and there will be no parades or remembrances for them, and I get that. And money and opportunity will all flow down the wrong end of the stream for a very long time, and I get that, and that's ok.

Doesn't make it right.

Anyway, Aground is fun check it out, and good luck, Frenchies. Also rest in peace TB rest in peace TC and rest in peace Tall-T. Love is wise hatred ain't worth the time and Jerbz.

The Protoculture Mixtape: Issue : People : Surplus 

Blog Archive