Default Tester

Help people get better with video games. Donate to Childs Play for karma achievements.

Great question. If I only had one video I could play it would be this.

Saturday, May 9, 2020

Issue : Games : Decoupage


Octopath Traveller is a game about home.

They say the strongest thing a person can do is pull themself out of a dark place alone. Sound good, might be true, I wouldn't know though, cause I've never done it alone. Whenever I find myself in a hole the only way I've managed to escape has been someone reaching out a hand.

My job in the extraction is three-step. First, apply the first law of holes. Second, decide if I am ready to leave the hole. Third, accept the hand. All three steps are hard as fuck to accomplish, that's why so many people wake up in a hole and say to themselves, "Welp, this is where I live now."

The first law is hard to accomplish because many people get stuck in holes they dug. Digging a hole can be fun as fuck at the start and it's easy to surmise that if you double down and keep digging sooner or later you are gonna find yourself on a beach in Australia. Sounds good.

The second law is hard to accomplish because it fully closes the door on the first. It's one thing to stop digging, it's something else entirely to decide to start climbing. This is when your brain will transform into Johnnie Cochran and start hitting you with stuff like, "You are a digger, not a climber!" or, "Fine, climb out of this perfectly fine hole just to fall into a worse one. Dummy."

The third law is the toughest because if you can't accept that another party member is required for exfiltration then there is a high probability that the second law wasn't properly workshopped and if you do leave the hole, you are still in the hole, if you get me.

Anyway, I say all of that to say I know there are a lot of people in holes right now and I just want all of you to know that OH GODDAMMIT I just realized Leo explained this to Josh way better on the West Wing. On god, I can't stand Aaron Sorkin sometimes.

Double Anyway, I finally finished Octopath Traveller. It's aight. It's cool.

rip Tb rip Tc rip Tall-T. Love is wise, hatred is foolish. Get out there and do great things, we believe in you. Also Jobs.

The Protoculture Mixtape : Issue : People : Thesis

Blog Archive