Default Tester

Help people get better with video games. Donate to Childs Play for karma achievements.

Great question. If I only had one video I could play it would be this.

Sunday, February 7, 2016

Issue : Games : Parcel



Computer storage is a technology consisting of computer components and recording media used to retain digital data, and critical to reformation.

I finally get it. So you decide to hop into a game from a year back, you reach out to people that were playing that game with you, and you say, "Hey let's play this game again, it was fun." These people usually respond with something along the lines of, "I had to delete the game to save space and have to wait to re-download it until after I get through my new game queue."

I respond with a solid "ok.. wait what?" Because I didn't understand that some people still believe that internal storage is necessary. Look, follow me here because this is important.

My day job overlords aren't gonna like me saying this but here is the truth. Don't ever base your computer purchase decisions on the SKU with the most storage, because that SKU is one, going to be the most expensive, and two, that SKU is the most unnecessary (and yes I get the read/write speed argument. This is not about that.).

Head over to your local computer shop and purchase a external hard drive. A two to four terabyte slim external is not going to cost an arm and a leg and is one of the best investments you will ever make if you work on more than one computer.

Say you have a desktop at home, a personal laptop, a work laptop, and a work desktop. You can install all of your steam games, Adobe Photoshop, auto-cad, Unreal, and whatever else you want to the external, put that in your bag, and you have a full library available to you wherever you go.

Doing this you can also purchase a laptop with a 128 GB SKU and never have to worry about Tetris-ing your need to haves and want to haves. And if one day the wild hair hits you to play Barbies Equestrian Adventure you plug in the external to wherever you are working, click a button, and there it is, ready to go. So get off your ass and pick one up because we barely dug into Vermintide. Fuckin'... Peter Pan.

I hope information realizes that I don't actually watch the Super Bowl, I play games and troll Reddit with a bunch of pool squares in front of me because live football doesn't have a fast forward button, customizable player skins, or pathos. Also, I had no idea it would explode but yes I will concede the dry ice was a bit much. Life lessons. Also JERBZ.

The Protoculture Mixtape : Issue : People : Satchel

Blog Archive