Default Tester

Help people get better with video games. Donate to Childs Play for karma achievements.

Great question. If I only had one video I could play it would be this.

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Issue : Games : Encapsulate



Everyone thinks I abstain from Pokemon Go as an extension of the misanthropic persona I have ever so carefully crafted, and I engender this belief because the truth is a vulnerability door I haven't been able to approach since the launch of the title.

That truth is this: I'm heartbroken that Mr. Iwata is gone and none of the people I see staring into their phones know his name.

It broke my heart that he will never be able to see for himself this new world his hard work and dedication has ushered in. A world brought together and made brighter by an interactive experience.

I don't think Mr. Iwata cared if anyone knew his name. I don't understand why it's so important to me that the end user does. I suspect it's vanity, I suspect I'm the architect that wants his name on the building instead of the company's. And have projected that need onto this great mans avatar.

It's a fatal flaw when playing the metagame, this lust. That's what young people do. It's not fear of death that drives, it's the fear of being forgotten. If a world changes in the woods and all of that.

Anyway, I say all that to say I don't dislike Pokemon Go in any way, shape, or form. Quite the opposite. I had lost my faith, but seeing what I see every-time I step into this waking life has given me back what I had lost. I don't have to download the gift, It's there in the faces of everyone enjoying the world version I hoped for.

A simple April fools joke did all of this. Sometimes that is all it takes. Thank you Mr. Iwata. Sleep Well.

I hope information didn't just send me a text about passes to Comic-Con a week before the got-damn event. Get off the bathsalts homie. Also all props Niantic for opening the largest portal ever. shouts to The Enlightened. Also JOBS.

The Protoculture Mixtape : Issue : People : O.bit

Blog Archive