Default Tester

Help people get better with video games. Donate to Childs Play for karma achievements.

Great question. If I only had one video I could play it would be this.

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Issue : Games : Dark Souls


Dark Souls is an action role playing game about a knight that gets beat up and killed a lot in a castle. The game before it was called Demon Souls, but no one brings it up much as playing it is traumatic in the old style.

Now they want to port Dark Souls to the PC? Really? Have they played Dark Souls? That game is hard, as in, "One more try turns into what time is it, hard," "why is light coming through the blinds hard," and, "I don't think I want to play video games anymore after I beat this, good thing I wont be beating this," hard.

The game as it is now is bad enough, but once modders get hold of it... Is this something that really needs to happen? I mean, I want it to happen, but, cmon, I just, here is the thing, a couple months after release on the PC will it be a situation where a dragon will shoot lasers that shoot spikes at you and the spikes are poison, and the scrub enemies have automatic bazookas, and to escape the bridge you have to jump into a Ferrari and swerve around rocks I want to play that. 

Blog Archive